Forthcoming and current work:
Fari Bradley gives a panel talk at Haus de Kulturun der Welt, Berlin, May 7th
Chris Weaver embedded in the National Sound Archive at The British Library, London.
Fari Bradley showing an installation That Illiterate Woman, at Profound Sound Festival, Folkestone
Fari Bradley commissioned with a 20 minute radiophonic walk for MONAFOMA arts festival, Tasmania Australia.
‘Circular Landscapes‘ on air and online. Bradley-Weaver live performance now for podcast.
Fari Bradley lectures on the findings of our wildlife recordings, at London College of Communication LOMA Conference (Large Objects Moving Air), University of the Arts London
Fari Bradley to perform as part of Moogfest, 3-5th December
Sound piece installation at Gitex, Dubai
Fari to lecture for the MA Sound Art students on her radio practice at London College of Communications, University of the Arts London
Christopher Weaver delivers a lecture at Oxford Brookes University on his practice
Performance, live to air on Resonance Extra with Oscillatorial Binnage at Iklektic Lab, London
January – April 2017
- A 4 episode series “The Far Becomes Near” a residency at the Sharjah Art Foundation in 2016. More information about the project and to listen: “Works” page.
January – March 2017
- A series of surround sound performances Circular Landscapes resulting from a specific recording project in Sharjah. The performances take historically significant sites of transit and migration as material; the ancient desert of Mhelia and the first airport in the UAE and Arab States of the Gulf (GCC). The performances wer ein Dubai and Sharjah, UAE, Maraya Arts Centre, Sharjah, UAE
- Live performance – Brunel Museum and Museum of London, by Chris Weaver on tape looping machines
- Printed article – Frieze 2016 review, Canvas Magazine by Fari Bradley
- Radio Revolten, Germany. A month long festival of radio art with performance and broadcasts in Halle, Germany. Broadcasts led by Chris Weaver, with performances by both Bradley and Weaver live on air, and broadcast live from the gallery spaces
- The Wire magazine, print article on experimental electronica in Tehran, Fari Bradley
- PLAN B festival Kharkiv, Ukraine 23-25th September. Radio workshops and DJ performance, Fari Bradley
- Commissioned long-read article on Iranian multimedia artist Farideh Lashai, Al Tashkeel Magazine, UAE, August 2016, by Fari Bradley
- Commissioned opinion piece, Canvas Magazine Sept-October Issue on performance art, Fari Bradley
- “The far Becomes Near” – ongoing, 2016 Sharjah Art Foundation
- Performance of UnMuted Serving Beirut Arts Centre, July 2016
- Lecture on Halim El Dabh, Beirut Arts Centre, July 2016 led by Fari Bradley
- Performance of UnMuted Serving, Malja Bahrain, June 2016
- Performance of live improv, in collaboration with Maxeem Meraki, a local Bahraini musician (bouzouki), Malja Bahrain, June 2016
- Tracing the Chora, a permanent soundwalk commissioned by Al Serkal avenue, 2016. The chora, described by Plato, is a space through which to decipher the reality of our surroundings. The walk observes Al Quoz’s vastly different terrains through the eyes of those who have worked in the area for years. Narration and sounds direct listeners on a one-hour journey that traces the boundaries between the Avenue and its neighbourhood
- Drum Circle in a Chain, an interactive sound installation commissioned by Red Bull Music Academy, Dubai Bass Camp 2016.
- Close to Karachi, a solo exhibition of sound sculptures, photography and found objects. 16th-26th October 2015, at Edge of Arabia, London, SW11
- (Not a) Sound Map of Karachi, public lecture at London College of Communication, University of the Arts London, October 14th, 2015
- Close to Karachi, public talk at Iniva, Stuart Hall Library, London, October 29th, 2015
- “Red Tide” features in A Burgeoning Collection group show at the Maraya Art Centre, Sharjah, UAE
- Awarded the Lahore Biennial Residency September 2015
- Group show ‘Metropolis‘ opened September at Habib University, Karachi, Pakistan